Boston Book Club Blog

What do you get when you have lots o' librarians, one filmmaker, and a teacher??????

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Top 5 of 2006

Greetings from Iowa!

My reading list for 2006 was quite feeble. So here's my top 5 reads:

1. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert - Loved this book! She does something I'm not courageous enough to do - travel solo to Italy, India and Indonesia.

2. A Spot of Bother by Mark Haddon- A great tale of family from the author of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime.

3. The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion - I recommend this as an alternative to the many self-help books on grief.

4. Three Junes by Julia Glass - I enjoyed how this story moved between 3 different places and time.

5. One Good Turn by Kate Atkinson - Technically I haven't finished this, but so far I think it's great - and she's never disappointed me before.

Wishing you plenty of time to read in 2007.

cheers,
Jen

P.S. I forgot to include The Plot Against America by Philip Roth. It speaks as much to current events as it does to history.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home