Boston Book Club Blog

What do you get when you have lots o' librarians, one filmmaker, and a teacher??????

Monday, December 11, 2006

Top 10 2006/ Rachel's List

I won't list my top 100 books for 2006 like the New York Times (as if I really read 100 books this year) but here are my top ten:

Cloud Atlas, David Mitchell
Kafka on the Shore, Haruki Murakami
Any Human Heart, William Boyd
Three Junes, Julia Glass
Flesh and Blood, Michael Cunningham
My Life as a Fake, Peter Carey
Acts of Faith, Philip Caputo
Never Let me Go, Kazuo Ishiguro
The Great Fire, Shirley Hazzard
Drop City, T.C. Boyle

-Rachel

Which books were your favorite this year?

3 Comments:

At Monday, December 11, 2006, Blogger biblio said...

I really need to start keeping better track of what I read. Aside from book club picks, I can't remember many! So from my poor memory, here are my favorites:

Never Let Me Go--Kazuo Ishiguro
A Handful of Dust--Evelyn Waugh
Kafka on the Shore--Haruki Murakami

If I remember more, I'll post later. One of my New Year's resolutions will defintely be to keep track (and read more too!), like Rachel last year.

Donna

 
At Tuesday, December 12, 2006, Blogger biblio said...

I forgot:

Saturday--Ian McEwan

which I loved!

Donna

 
At Tuesday, December 19, 2006, Blogger biblio said...

I've been keeping track since 2002 and I used to read so much more - easily 20-30 books a year. I'll be lucky if I get to 16 this year.

*jen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home