Boston Book Club Blog

What do you get when you have lots o' librarians, one filmmaker, and a teacher??????

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Banned Book Week!

Yay! It's banned book week. But why is it just a week? It should be a whole month. Who do I have to talk to at ALA to get it changed? I wish I knew about this list when I was 11. It could really have been useful.

The BPL has a nice selection out on display. I should pick a banned book for my month because you know how subversive I am. Maybe Captain Underpants or How to Eat Fried Worms.

http://www.ala.org/ala/oif/bannedbooksweek/bannedbooksweek.htm

Don't forget to vote for your favorite banned book.

Beth

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 03, 2006, Blogger biblio said...

A Light in the Attic by Shel Silverstein??? What? I LOVE this book! I was also in love with a Bridge to Terabithia when I was younger. If someone told me that I couldn't read it, I would have been devastated. I'm also a huge fan of Of Mice and Men and, of course, Harry Potter...The Color Purple, The Pigman, I think we've discussed my reading Forever, To Kill a Mockingbird...and so on. Sigh. Banning books is crazy. :-)

Donna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home